Re: Q on performance with 10000 faces

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Q on performance with 10000 faces
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:02:35 -0400

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
> What is this function `moncontrol'?

The FreeBSD manpage says:

     moncontrol() selectively controls profiling within a program.  When the
     program starts, profiling begins.  To stop the collection of histogram
     ticks and call counts use moncontrol(0); to resume the collection of his-
     togram ticks and call counts use moncontrol(1).  This feature allows the
     cost of particular operations to be measured.  Note that an output file
     will be produced on program exit regardless of the state of moncontrol().

I can't seem to find the corresponding doc on my GNU/Linux system,

        Stefan