Re: Emacs Crashes When Commenting C Code

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Emacs Crashes When Commenting C Code
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:05:45 +0800

From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
To: "Herbert Euler" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:05:29 -0400

> Emacs crashes when I comment out a line in a C
> source code.  I'm ready to post results to help
> finding this bug, but I don't know what to post.

I cannot reproduce this.  Can you give a recipe for producing this
crash, starting from emacs -q?  For example, I do:

1. emacs -q
2. C-x C-f foo.c RET
3. int main () {}
4. C-SPC M-<
4. M-x comment-region RET
5. No crash.

I'm so sorry but I can't reproduce the same problem
after rebooting system today.  Perhaps when Emacs
crashed my system was in a nonconsistent state.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu