Re: C-h K and C-h F in the Help menu

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-h K and C-h F in the Help menu
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 07:27:34 +0300

> "Find Key in Manual" and "Find Command in Manual" are in the "More
> Manuals" submenu of the "Help" menu.  I think they should either in
> "Search Documentation" or in "Describe", because these two submenus
> are about Emacs, while "More Manuals" is about manuals of other
> packages.
>
> Does anyone object to moving these two items?

I think the most suitable menu for "Find Key in Manual" and
"Find Command in Manual" is the first you mentioned, i.e.
"Search Documentation", since this menu is now shorter than "Describe",
and its items have the same prefix "Find ..." unlike the items
in "Describe" that have the prefix "Describe ..." and create the
*Help* buffer instead of *Info*.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/