Re: Comint Completion Broken

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Comint Completion Broken
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:03:06 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> * the behavior of comint completion is exactly the same in both:

>   Typing a SPC deletes the completion window, typing anything else
>   leaves the completion window in place.  [This seems like reasonable
>   behavior -- fairly often I _want_ to leave the window in place, so I
>   can select it and do more advanced searching or whatever.]

The window used to get deleted automatically on key events, e.g.

     u p TAB (window appears) t (window disappears) TAB
 =>  uptime

But that was apparently an accidental feature, and it caused a bug when
selecting completion candidates with mouse-1 in the window:

2006-03-27  Nick Roberts  <address@hidden>

        * comint.el (comint-dynamic-list-completions): Allow user to
        select *Completions* buffer.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the