copy-file: ok-if-already-exists versus mustbenew

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: copy-file: ok-if-already-exists versus mustbenew
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:09:07 +0200

I am trying to enhance my reading capabilities, but I can not understand the difference between the arguments ok-if-already-exists and mustbenew in the doc for `copy-file'. Can someone please explain this to me?

The only difference I see is that "never overwrite" is mentioned for "mustbenew" - though I hope this holds for the first argument too. However it sounds like the second argument should be about modification times, but the doc string does not say so.