Re: gdb call with core

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: gdb call with core
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 08:14:03 +0200

    Eli> I can see why this is reasonable.  Why do you think it's bad?

I hope I didn't say "bad", I just wanted to point out that it's sometimes
a bit inconvenient.

Besides the current behavior is also sometimes a bit confusing. For example
last Friday I tried to look at an emacs core (in my current directory where
emacs had just written the core) with "gdb path-to-emacs/emacs core". After a
short glance I decided to take a closer look, which for me means I need emacs
with gud, so I started emacs in this directory and tried the same command that
I had just executed in the shell and now emacs couldn't find the core.

I recall that I had a similar problem a while ago where I ran a Perl script
with two files as parameters and these files did (similar to the core file)
reside in another directory. In that case I had to specify the directory
twice for the parameters.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
The day Microsoft makes something that does not suck,
is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.