Re: Bug in Custom apparently due to Custom Themes.

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Bug in Custom apparently due to Custom Themes.
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 11:45:17 -0400

> Do you use Custom at all?  The problem is so obvious that I do not
> know what there is to explain.  "Erase Customization" is supposed to
> restore the standard value (or themed value if there are themes) and
> _not_ the last _rogue_ value assigned to the variable, which may have
> been assigned ages ago, and changed twenty times through Custom since.
> That value is meaningless, which is why that `changed' theme is
> completely meaningless and should be eliminated.

On the other hand, Richard decided, long ago, that it is consistent to
bring back old rogue values when a Custom theme is disabled.  The
values set by customize are also considered a custom theme, one that
always has precedence.

By the way, please try to be civil; being obnoxious is not productive
in these email discussions, even when you think you know everything
and the other party knows nothing.