Re: Possible `point-entered' `point-left' Text Property Bug

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Possible `point-entered' `point-left' Text Property Bug
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:34:16 -0400

> I investigated some more, and found two separate bugs.  The first bug
> is that inhibit-point-motion-hooks was not being set to t during
> Fline_beginning_position.
>
> The second bug is more subtle.
> Here, inhibit-point-motion-hooks is bound to nil to avoid processing
> the intangible property.  But this also has the effect of spuriously
> calling point-left and point-entered hooks if they are defined.

Another possibility is to split inhibit-point-motion-hooks into two
separate variables that suppress point-entered/point-left and use of
the intangible property respectively.  In that case, both
Fline_beginning_position and the relevant part of line-move-1 would
inhibit use of point-entered/point-left while allowing use of the
tangible property.