Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:31:35 -0400

    I will update the docs as soon as I am sure that Richard does not
    object against reverting this change.

This change shouldn't have been made now without discussion and my
approval.  Reverting it is the right thing to do.

    Unless Richard or Miles objects, I will just make the comint-insert-input
    binding of mouse-2 undefined if `comint-use-prompt-regexp' is non-nil,
    since that function is field-specific and one can simply not make
    yanking impossible in the entire buffer.

I want to see what Miles has to say before any change is made.