Re: making mouse cursor disappear

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: making mouse cursor disappear
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 10:45:50 +0200

Werner LEMBERG skrev:
Using konsole on KDE, I see the mouse cursor disappear after a few
seconds while the cursor stays in the konsole's window and isn't
moved.  Is something similar available within Emacs?  I've searched
for the word `disappear' but got nothing.

It might be a useful addition to the `mouse-avoidance-mode' IMHO --
and no, I can't code this myself due to lack of time :-)

I don't think you can do this now from the Lisp level. In C you create a cursor with a 1x1 pixel bitmap with the mask set to 0 (see XCreatePixmapCursor) and then install that cursor in the window in question. Then you also have to restore the old cursor when the mouse moves.

        Jan D.