Re: play-sound-file & esd

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: play-sound-file & esd
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 14:41:31 -0400

> * Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2006-05-03 16:42:58 -0400]:
>
>     If we still are going to play sound with esd, may I suggest just
>     execing esdplay with the file name?
>
> If such a simple method does the job, it is fine with me.

if esd just happens not to be running at the moment, then esdplay will
just hang.  i.e., before running esdplay, one has to ensure that esd is
up and running (and is in a workable state).

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
http://pmw.org.il http://honestreporting.com http://memri.org