Re: A few questions about desktop.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few questions about desktop.el
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 03:16:44 +0200

On 4/29/06, Stuart D. Herring <address@hidden> wrote:
So I'll move the check before the desktop
file is ever opened when I do that (Monday or so).

Cool.

But I realized that
there's no assumption made by desktop.el that you have only one file; just
because this Emacs session isn't associated with the desktop file you
originally tried to load doesn't mean it shouldn't be associated with
another.  But since it doesn't know which other one, it asks!  It's really
a feature... sorta.

Yes, I undestand that. That's why I said "for certain values of
desktop-save". I should've added "and for certain uses of desktop".
For example, when you're mainly using a single desktop file in your
$HOME (as I do) instead of per-directory desktop files (which are
*very* rare in my setup). In that case, if-exists or ask-if-exists are
two useful desktop-save values, and being asked about saving a new one
is inconvenient.

there could be a customization option to
disable Desktop if you refuse to re-load the file.

A not-loaded hook, as I proposed, would serve the same function and be
a bit more general, I think.

Pressing C-l will clear this up, so long as you realize that you're in the
minibuffer and need it redrawn.

Yes, realizing that is the problem. But, as I said, is not a problem
with your implementation.

--
                   /L/e/k/t/u