Re: PURESIZE increased (again)

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: PURESIZE increased (again)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:43:44 +0000 (UTC)

   ... Emacs to run on these small devices.

Back in the 1980s, I stripped an Emacs 18 down to below 300 kilobytes;
it had the common editing commands and probably C mode, but very
little else.  It took up less space than VI ...

    Someday, when I have Linux running on my smartphone, I would like
    to be able to edit files in directories in Emacs instead of
    editing "categorized memos" as I do today.

Yes, that is fully possible, even taking 10, 20, or more times as much
space as the 1980s instance.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8