Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:13:03 -0400

    Sure, but we generally need two things for evolution:

    a) a recipe to put into NEWS and antinews how to get back the old
    behavior (there are always people shouting for that on any change).

    b) sort of a migration path so that those people can actually be made
    to swallow the new way piece by piece.

We do not, in general, insist on this much.  All we do in NEWS and
Antinews is document the change.  We do not usually bother with
"migration paths", not even for incompatible changes.

This would not be an incompatible change from Emacs 21.
It need not be mentioned in Antinews, but should be in NEWS.

(I see that grep-tree is not in NEWS.)