Re: SEGV in xmenu.c digest_single_submenu

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: SEGV in xmenu.c digest_single_submenu
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:09:32 +0200

Sascha Wilde wrote:
Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:

I just stumbled across a way of reproducing the class of problems
(both under GNU/Linux/X11 with lucid widgets):

1. start emacs -Q
2. M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET
3. C-x 5 f /PATH/TO/ANY/C-file.c

You'll get a SEGV somewhere in xmenu.c

To reproduce the related problem without SEGV:

1. start emacs -Q
2. M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET
3. M-x c-mode RET
4. click on the menu bar

You'll get a *Backtrace* buffer:
bugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable c-subword-mode)

Most interestingly, as you can see, the problems are only triggered
when debug-on-error is activated...

Hi *,

there were replies yet -- I would be interested to know if someone
besides me can reproduce this bugs?

I myself tested it on two different GNU/Linux systems with different
gcc, glibc, kernel etc.  and with lucid as well as with gtk toolkit.

Yes, I could reproduce it. There was some fix checked in in HEAD, but I haven't tried it yet.

        Jan D.