Re: unhelpful menu keybinding notes

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: unhelpful menu keybinding notes
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:10:39 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:
In the GTK version of emacs, the keybinding notes for the "Edit > Cut"
and "Edit > Copy" menu entries say "<cut>" and "<copy>" respectively.

Those names don't seem very useful to me, as most keyboards don't have
such keys; also they don't help teach the real Emacs bindings.
Shouldn't those just say "C-w" and "M-w" ?

-Miles
There is the same problem on w32 (which we discussed long ago).