Re: Binding a command to the down-event of a toolbar button

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Binding a command to the down-event of a toolbar button
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:45:40 -0500

    This said, a more pressing issue is the fact that clicked are dropped on the
    floor if they happen just during redisplay.  This is *very* annoying if your
    display includes a seconds-precise timer or worse.

That is a bug, but I am very surprised we have such a bug.
The events are handled and generated an interrupt level, so how
can it matter whether redisplay is happening.

Are you running your change to move that processing out of the signal
handler?  Maybe that change causes the problem.