Getting help for a widget

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Getting help for a widget
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:07:05 +0200

I think it is too difficult to get help for a widget. As an example try `recent-open-files'. This will create a buffer where each file is shown with a widget. If you press

   C-h k

on a file you get help for `widget-button-press'. But what does the button do? Do find out this you have to know there is an interactive function you can use:

   M-x widget-browse-at

I would suggest for now that `widget-button-press' mentions this. Maybe it is also simple enough to make the :action in the *Browse Widget* buffer a help-link?

After the release I would suggest that help for widgets are enhanced.