sort-first arg to map-keymap

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: sort-first arg to map-keymap
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:44:22 -0500

Does anyone know why we have the `sort-first' arg to map-keymap?
It doesn't seem to be used anywhere and its implementation is rather odd
(its handling is delegated from C to Lisp's map-keymap-internal which them
calls back C's map-keymap function, with an apparent-only circular
dependency).

As best as I can tell, it comes from emacs-lisp/lucid.el which is a brittle
package which tries to provide very coarse XEmacs compatibility; but
XEmacs's `map-keymap' function doesn't behave like ours anyway (it doesn't
apply the function to the keymap's parents, for one thing), and lucid.el has
never been very highly used, so it seems better to keep its brittle code in
lucid.el than to move it to subr.el.

        Stefan