Re: W32 version crashes on C-g

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: W32 version crashes on C-g
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:19:24 +0200

> From: Eric Hanchrow <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:29:58 -0800
>
> Also, just to commiserate: I've got descriptions of my building-emacs
> struggles on
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BuildingOnWindowsTableofContents.
> That lists eight separate strategies that I've tried.

After reading this, I can summarize the W32 build parts of it thusly:

  - It doesn't work to build CVS with Cygwin.

  - MSVC wasn't tried, since you assumed that it will build okay
    (given that v21.x does).

  - For the MinGW build, the only additional info is what image
    libraries are needed and what headers files for this libraries are
    required and where to get them.  This same info appears on
    Lennart's site.  (I think this information will be redundant once
    the bugs in the ported image libraries are fixed, but for now it
    is required.)

Is this all your site adds to what nt/INSTALL has, or did I miss
something?

P.S. I didn't look in the Cygwin build parts, since the Cygwin port is
not supported by the nt/ stuff.  The Cygwin port is built as if we
were on Unix, so it uses the normal Emacs configury, and therefore
people who build with Cygwin should read the general INSTALL file, not
nt/INSTALL.