Re: W32 version crashes on C-g

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: W32 version crashes on C-g
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:59:41 +0200

> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:55:40 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> For the image libraries support, Lennart lists which files from
> GnuWin32 are really needed (the "current version" info is outdated,
> though) which is kinda nice for the uninitiated. I don't think someone
> relatively inexperienced can just read nt/INSTALL and determine what
> should he download to build the image support, or where to put it.

That's one reason why nt/INSTALL mentions Lennart's site.

It's possible that we could put that info in INSTALL, I just didn't
feel it was the right thing to do, especially since the bugs in the
ported image libraries are being fixed as we speak.

Anyway, advanced image support was not the reason for Kim's grief.
I'm sure he would be satisfied by the basic image formats, or even no
images at all, for the job he wanted to do.

> > Do we all agree that instructions to set up a suitable development
> > environment is the _only_ thing that is currently missing?
>
> Yes, as I've said, setting up the development environment is the
> hardest part. Once you've got the tools and the includes and
> libraries, building is almost trivial.

I asked about the development environment, and you added the
libraries.  These are two separate issues.