Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:19:14 -0500

> However, personally I would prefer not to burden the prompt (which can
> already be quite complex) and instead put the indicator in the mode line
> somehow.

At startup my Emacs has 1 frame, with 1 (mini) window, and 0 mode-lines.
Also, even after I've opened a few other frames, there's still only ever
1 miniwindow and it has no mode-line next to it (and all the frames with
their mode lines may be iconified or displayed on some other display).

I.e. putting the info on the mode line is not a good idea.

        Stefan