Re: defcustom :version

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: defcustom :version
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:26:16 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       It includes only the one item for the group, except that all members
       of the group that have themselves a :version keyword are also included.

   How many group members get included in that way,
   at present?

   That is, could we make the output substantially shorter
   if we eliminated all the variables that are in groups
   which are themselved mentioned?

One could reduce it from 2811 to 2635 and possibly _slightly_ less
because there may be a few cases I overlooked.  This requires
eliminating several :version keywords that are _older_ than the
:version in the defgroup, because the defcustom got moved to a new
group.

Sincerely,

Luc.