Re: Problem with `while-no-input'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problem with `while-no-input'
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:55:52 +0200

> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:29:16 +0000
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> After looking more closely, I now see that C-g is handled specially in
> w32fns.c on windows in the function post_character_message. It may be
> possible to do something in here to make while-not-input work.

I thought about this as well.  It should be easy to do that for simple
keyboard keys, but what about the other input events?  Running too
much of what keyboard.c does from within post_character_message might
prove tricky, since post_character_message runs in a thread that is
different from where the Lisp code runs, right?

Btw, when we signal interrupt_handle from the window thread, what code
takes care that we notice this fact from the Lisp thread?