RE: ECB

From: klaus.berndl
Subject: RE: ECB
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:50:44 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Now i think we would need a more general mechanism which would
>     also prevent such windows from being included in the tree
>     returned by `window-tree' so all features based on new
>     `window-tree' (AFAIK currently only `balance-window') can ignore
> this window from their doing....
>
> Would you like to implement these features, for future installation?

If on c-level then i doubt that i have enough know-how of the c-code of Emacs
to implement a good solution... IMVHO the best would be to check in
`display-buffer'
(and also in routines like `window-tree'?!) If a window should be excluded from
some
actions... And IMVHO display-buffer should be moved from c-kernel to elisp-code
(as already done by XEmacs ;-)

If we can implement the new feature on elisp-level i would be willing to
imlement
it - at least i would try it ;-)

Ciao,
klaus