Re: is the calendar broken?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: is the calendar broken?
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 06:34:44 +0200

> Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 22:05:30 -0600
> From: Ed Reingold <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > > If you want holidays from specific lists, you need to give a value for L.
> >
> > What value is that?  That is, what list should one use in that case?
> > (I think this should be reflected in the doc string.)
>
> The documentation says:
>
>   The optional list of holidays L defaults to `calendar-holidays'.  See the
>   documentation for that variable for a description of holiday lists.

Yes, I've seen that, and also read the doc string of
`calendar-holidays'.  However, it says nothing about what list to use
as the argument to `list-holidays' to get what the OP wanted.  It only
explains how to _add_ holidays to the default value, but not how to
construct a list with _less_ holidays.

My question above was what should one use as the value of L to get
what Nick wanted.