Re: Unquoted special characters in regexps

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Unquoted special characters in regexps
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:08:42 +0100

>>>It is part of it, just like the leading '['.
>>
>>As a consequence, in your model "[" is a valid regexp too.
>

> Where did I write that?  Please expand.

You argue that `]' is part of a character alternative just like the
leading `['.  You further argue that "]" is a valid regular expression
outside a character alternative.  Hence, "[" must be a valid regular
expression outside a character alternative too.  Qed.

> You are free to contribute patches.

I certainly don't want to.  In my opinion the manual is correct here.