Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:39:53 +0100

> You can remove History without any doubt.  This is the first thing that
> is usually done after importing a new package into Emacs CVS.

Yeah, I have thought about it. I guess there is no idea keeping it
there now that all stuff will be recorded in the ChangeLog and in CVS
logs. I will remove it.

> Currently many related functions and variables are littered to different
> parts of tumme.el.  The standard way to group related code is like below:

I know that it is not as well organized as it could be. But, I am
wondering, is there a "standard" for where to put the defcustoms and
defvars? Maybe that is something I made up myself (quite possible
actually), but I thought that "settings" (defvars, defcustoms etc) are
commonly placed at the top of the code. I'd have no problem in
"sectionize" (new word?) the code in this context if that is how it is
done in general.