Re: Disabled commands

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Disabled commands
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:07:14 -0500

>     While on this side-subject, any objection to the patch below?
> I do not want not-modified to be disabled.

Hmm... I didn't bother to justify my suggestion originally because it seemed
obvious to me that it was the right thing to do.  Honestly, not only did
I not know about the existence of `not-modified' until recently, but I never
expected Emacs to provide such a command and even less to bind it to a key
like M-~ which can be hit accidentally.

I've lost some changes because of it, which is why I suggested to disable
it, especially given the fact that I've never used (or even felt the need
for) such a command.

In what kind of scenario does it make sense to use it?

        Stefan