Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:03:35 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     Actually I don't understand what you are asking? Do you? :)
>
> I mean, to make an easy way to enter Tumme to use it thru Dired.

As long as tumme is loaded there will be a Tumme menu in dired where
you can access all Tumme commands related to Dired.

>      All `tumme-dired' really did (well it still does, but under a new
>     name) was to start Dired in a directory specified by the user, create
>     two new buffers (one for the thumbnails and one for the image display)
>     and set them up in a "convenient" window configuration.
>
> Are you saying that just plain `dired' will do the job?

Yes, as long as tumme is loaded and tumme keybindings are set up (this
is currently done using `tumme-setup-dired-keybindings' but we have
discussed moving some, if not all of those, into dired).

Again, what `tumme-dired' did was nothing more then opening a
directory in dired and setup a pre-configured window
confuguration. The need for this is not as strong as before now that
`tumme-display-thumbs' uses `pop-to-buffer' to make sure the thumbnail
buffer becomes visible.

These small changes are not checked in to CVS. I have got a Savannah
account but not learned how to use it yet. And, I would like to have
some feedback on the changes, but it seems I won't get some, so I
better test some more myself first.