Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:27:10 +1300

 > > We've covered this before: thumbs is simpler and best suited for basic
 > > tasks, tumme for more complex ones.
 >
 > I've not seen much consensus on that point

I didn't say there was, but it was a viewpoint expressed by more than one
person.

 >                                                (indeed the consensus
 > _seemed_ to say that tumme will replace thumbs),

I think that only Richard has said that, but since he makes the decisions and
they are not made by consensus, that may be more more crucial.  I would seem
odd though, given that tumme is a package that was added 18 months after the
start of the feature freeze.

 >                                                  but I must admit: I
 > couldn't figure out how to make tumme do anything remotely useful in
 > the 10 minutes I spent trying it out.
 > Thumbs operation on the other hand is er, pretty obvious and
 > straight-forward, and it seems reasonably useful for what it does...

That's almost a consensus then :)

Nick