Re: including javascript/ecmascript mode

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: including javascript/ecmascript mode
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:52:57 -0800

    Ted> I concluded that Karl Landström's javascript.el is the
    Ted> nicest one out there.

    Ted> Hopefully he's already filed (or is willing to file)
    Ted> Emacs papers! :)

Any news on this?  I would love a Javascript mode distributed with
Emacs as well.  Has anybody contacted him about assigning
copyright?

How hard would it be to add ECMA/Javascript support to cc-mode?
(I've used Java mode directly on js files, which is close enough
in terms of syntax other than a few things like regular
expressions.)

--
Karl 2006-01-25 15:50