Re: inhibit-startup-message

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: inhibit-startup-message
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:52:30 +0100

   I can not reproduce this with a .emacs containing only:

   (blink-cursor-mode 0)
   (diary)

   Today's diary entry gets shown in a pop-up window.  So either this
   has been fixed in the meantime, or some other customization you
   made causes this.

Doesn't work for me, my *Messages* buffer contains:

No diary entries for Saturday, 21 January 2006
For information about the GNU project and its goals, type C-h C-p.

It works if you actually have a diary entry though.

FYI, tried this all with not customizations.

   It should not really have anything to do with the problem, but if
   you want to get rid of startup-echo-area-message, should you not
   set `inhibit-startup-echo-area-message' instead of
   `inhibit-startup-message'?

I meant really meant `inhibit-startup-echo-area-message', sorry.
Setting it to nil still showed the default blurb.