Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 22:05:50 -0600 (CST)

Bill Wohler wrote:

   Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> wrote:

   > I believe that the use of "Revert" instead of the original "Reset"
   > takes care of Richard's objections to the original "Reset to Standard".

   I like your suggestions. The latter could be just "Default."

In Emacs, "Default value" is often used as the opposite of
"buffer local value".  "Standard" is unambiguous and is what is
usually used to denote the value as given in the defcustom.  It is
also the term that the State message uses.

Sincerely,

Luc.