rogue option init-file-user

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: rogue option init-file-user
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:48:38 -0600 (CST)

init-file-user is usually rogue:

  init-file-user: Hide Value Value Menu String:
     State: CHANGED outside Customize; operating on it here may be unreliable.

Before worrying what to do about that, the first thing to decide is
whether this really should be defined with defcustom.  I believe that
it should be defined with defvar.  It seems to me that to change this
variable in a way that actually works, the user should use a command
line option such as -q or -u.  Setting or saving it through Custom
appears to make little sense.

Sincerely,

Luc.