Re: defcustom :type (file :must-match t)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: defcustom :type (file :must-match t)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:08:47 -0600 (CST)

According to its docstring the file widget is supposed to read a file
name value _in the minibuffer_.  Of course, we can all see that in
practice, it reads it in an editable field.  I do not know what is
going on.  From wid-edit.el:

(define-widget 'file 'string
  "A file widget.
It will read a file name from the minibuffer when invoked."
  :complete-function 'widget-file-complete
  :prompt-value 'widget-file-prompt-value
  :format "%{%t%}: %v"
  ;; Doesn't work well with terminating newline.
  ;; :value-face 'widget-single-line-field
  :tag "File")

Sincerely,

Luc.