Re: GTK file selector

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: 18 Dec 2005 18:41:45 -0700

>    And let's be honest, Emacs is not going to provide any of the nice
>    features that Eclipse provides these days.

Xavier> Can you enumerate few of these nice features ?

Refactoring.  Incremental compilation.  Type-sensitive completion.
(And other more minor compiler integration features.)

For ordinary java projects, no need to know how to build anything.

Better CVS UI (IMO anyway).

For Java the difference is enough that I've moved to Eclipse for my
daily Classpath hacking.  For C/C++ ... Emacs' better editing features
still keep it in the lead.

There's no deep reason Emacs could not do all of these things, aside
from the amount of work involved.

Another approach to a similar end would be to replace the Eclipse
editor with Emacs.

Tom