Re: GTK file selector

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:23:19 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> Perhaps you're bitter that XEmacs does seemed to have slowed down,
>> but please remember this list is for contributing to Emacs
>> development, not to knock it down.
>
> XEmacs at least sports more or less regular releases from their
> increasingly stagnant development code base.

I think it could be fixed by making bugfix releases as I already
proposed many times (I also proposed to add myself as manpower
for such a purpose).  So far, supporting the current released
version is not wanted, as far as I understood.

Also, I wonder if the modular design -- separating core and
modules -- makes it easier to release often.  But, this does not
seem to be an open discussion.

Regards,

--
Jérôme Marant