Re: customize-apropos

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: customize-apropos
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:51:14 -0500

           NO CUSTOMIZATION DATA; set this only if you know what you are doing.

       is better, because it avoids an overly broad interpretation of the
       warning.  There is no harm in using the customization buffer in any
       way except to set the variable.

    Not quite.  Saving and especially various forms of resetting give more
    problems that the (actually relatively problem free) setting for the
    current session.

That doesn't make my words wrong.  Saving is something you can only do
if you set the variable.

    I now believe that a better string would be:

        NO CUSTOMIZATION DATA; not intended to be customized.

That is a good idea.