Re: address@hidden: links in Help buffer aren'talwayscorrect]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: links in Help buffer aren'talwayscorrect]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:08:25 -0500

        describe-frame-parameter seems to work usefully, but it has one
        problem: its completion list is incomplete.

    Do you mean because it iterates only over the parameters of the selected
    frame?

I wasn't sure exactly what it does, but it certainly omits many
standard frame parameter names.  I don't think whether the selected
frame has a setting for a particular frame parameter ought to affect
whether I can complete its name.

    It might also include user-defined parameters that won't be documented in
    Info. Perhaps it should instead iterate over an explicit list of all of the
    Info-documented (built-in) frame parameters.

I think that is the best thing to do.  Or else get that from the
manual too.