Re: GTK file selector

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:06:29 +0100

 Ar an ceathrú lá déag de mí na Nollaig, scríobh Jérôme Marant:

 > I usually prefer Emacs compiled with Athena widgets. Nonetheless,
 > I decided to give the GTK version a try, again.
 >
 > I may be dumb but with the current GTK file selector, I did not find
 > any way to view dotfiles and dotdirectories. So, I was unable to
 > open my .emacs nor to enter my .emacs.d directory.
 >
 > Also, there is no textarea where I could enter a filename manually.

If it’s GTK2, then you should be able to start typing a file name and have a
text field appear. You can use this text field to access dot files.

--
I AM IN JAIL AND ALLOWED SEND ONLY ONE CABLE SINCE WAS ARRESTED WHILE
MEASURING FIFTEEN FOOT WALL OUTSIDE PALACE AND HAVE JUST FINISHED COUNTING