mmm-mode in emacs 22

From: Perry Smith
Subject: mmm-mode in emacs 22
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:16:12 -0600

I am having problems with mmm-mode in emacs 22 running on a Mac. I'm about to dive off and see if I can fix them. But before I do, I wanted to ask this group if there is a more supported method of having a buffer with multiple editing submodes mixed into it that has been implemented in emacs 22 that emacs 21 did not have.

I also wanted to ask if anyone in this group has a suggestion of how would be best to implement such a concept given emacs 22 current design.

The particular problem I have having is around the php submode. php mode is based upon cc-mode. There are a number of buffer local variables that are not being set up. I am not sure (yet) if they are getting set up and then clobbered or if they are just never getting set up at all. The cc-mode elisp from emacs 21 works (or appears to work).

Thank you for your time,
Perry Smith