Re: emacs.app_9.0pre2-1_i386.changes REJECTED

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs.app_9.0pre2-1_i386.changes REJECTED
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 01:45:50 +0100

Gürkan Sengün <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2005-12-09 20:33:11 +0100 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:12:03 +0100
>>>  From: =?iso-8859-1?q?G=FCrkan_Seng=FCn?= <address@hidden>
>>> Cc: Adrian Robert <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>>>     address@hidden,
>>>     address@hidden

>>> I would rather like useful comments than shit like that.
>> If you continue to be rude like this, you won't hear anything at
>> all.
>
> He started it by not having read the information i gave carefully.

I don't think that rude language is a useful aid to understanding, and
Kim certainly did not "start it", where "it" means anything close to
using four-letter words.  If you consider "not reading carefully" on
the part of Kim an equal offense to your choice of words, you either
have strange ideas of conduct, or you consider him quite less
deserving of respect than yourself.  Even if this happened to be the
case, letting it show is not conducive to further cooperation, and a
somewhat more diplomatic approach would seem more expedient.

> What did he want to say anyways?

It would appear to obvious to me after reading the information he gave
carefully, that he wanted to express his opinion that releasing
something from an unstable branch does not sound like the best idea.

If I were to adopt your standards of discussion, I should probably use
rude language for pointing out that I considered this obvious from
what Kim wrote.