Re: define key with "\s-" super modifier in string?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: define key with "\s-" super modifier in string?
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:12:16 +0100

Richard M. Stallman writes:

> Would you please be more precise than "the documentation"?

My mistake.  I was not really reading carefully but only browsing
Node: Init rebinding.

The first example shows

     (global-set-key "\C-z" 'shell)

which is correct, but I wonder why [the first few] examples would
show to use a string, something that only works for some cases.

Reading the documentation in full, it states quite clearly that only
ascii and meta work.  The first few examples that show vectors,
however, do not show or mention the super modifier.

Jan.