Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:59:14 -0500

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> I suggest to wait with all your changes until after the release.  The
> release will _never_ happen if we continue to be distracted by stuff
> like this.

The way the Emacs release criteria is set up, the release process is
stuck until the string_free_list/cons_free_list related crash bug that
happens to some people is resolved.  There's no reason to think that
these changes will affect that.

If no one is able to resolve the crasher bug (and there's no reason to
think that it will happen soon), we will be stuck forever.  So we
shouldn't stop making improvements to Emacs.