RE: TAB in Eval: prompt in minibuffer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: TAB in Eval: prompt in minibuffer?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:09:20 -0800

    > Well, all modern desktops bind M-TAB to window switching, so Emacs
    > is left with `ESC TAB' only, which is not that easy.

    I suggest using its equivalent M-C-i.

That's OK too.

    Or maybe lisp-complete-symbol
    should have an aliased keybinding S-TAB?

No, no, please. Let's not swap modifiers. Let's leave S-TAB alone.

What's so bad about ESC-TAB? I use it all the time. It should complete
symbols in every editable buffer, including the minibuffer, IMO.

    BTW, info.el dropped M-TAB in favor of S-TAB.  Unfortunately, this
    makes `Info-prev-reference' inaccessible on ttys where S-TAB is not
    available.  I think info.el, help.el and wid-edit.el should bind both
    S-TAB and M-TAB to the same commands: S-TAB for window environments,
    and M-TAB for ttys.  The current binding of M-TAB (`complete-symbol')
    makes no sense in these modes anyway.

Let's leave S-TAB alone here too. It should be M-TAB (or ESC-TAB, for those
of us who don't have M-TAB).