Re: address@hidden: weird behavior of ediff with multiple displays]

From: Michael Kifer
Subject: Re: address@hidden: weird behavior of ediff with multiple displays]
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:10:05 -0500

It's a mystery. I have no idea where this minibuffer frame is coming
from. It wasn't requested by ediff either.
In fact, I am pretty confident that this is an Emacs bug, not Ediff's.
If you try your routine:
emacs-cvs -Q -q --display :0.0 --eval '(make-frame-on-display "localhost:10.0")
through an ssh tunnel, as you described, but instead of using ediff try to
eval this:

(make-frame
   (list
   '(name . "FOOBAR")
   '(minibuffer . nil)
   '(user-position . t)
   '(vertical-scroll-bars . nil)
   '(menu-bar-lines . 0)
   '(tool-bar-lines . 0)
   '(auto-lower . nil)
   '(auto-raise . t)
   '(visibility . nil)
   '(width . 1) '(height . 1)))

then when the dust settles you will see an unrequested minibuffer frame as
well. In fact, the FOOBAR frame doesn't show up at all, but only the
unrequested minibuffer.

        --michael