Re: address@hidden: Emacs hangs while edebugging recentf.el]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Emacs hangs while edebugging recentf.el]
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:42:48 -0500

    I reproduced the error and also found that Emacs hangs in the built-in
    function `prin1-to-string' when it tries to print the value the
    function `widget-create' returns, which contains a lot of circular
    references in a deeply nested list.  If I don't interrupt the hang,
    after some time, the function fails with a "Memory exhausted" message.
    Notice that the widgets are correctly created in the "*Open Recent*"
    buffer.  This is only the edebug prin1 function that hangs.

    When I set the value of `edebug-print-level' to 10 instead of the
    default value of 50, Emacs no more hangs.

    Maybe there is a bug in the prin1-to-string function?  Unfortunately I
    don't know how to fix it.

Can someone investigate that bug?  David Ponce said he can't.