Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:03:03 +0200

> But originally, you said that this happens after burying the buffer.
> If you want the history to work right for a buffer, why do you bury
> it?  Burying a buffer tells Emacs you are no longer interested in that
> buffer, I'm sure you know this.

Burying a buffer doesn't necessarily mean I am not interested in
that buffer.  I use `next-buffer' and `prev-buffer' to cycle through
the buffer list which actually is a ring for these two commands.
The command `next-buffer' uses the function `bury-buffer' to move the
current buffer to the end of the buffer list.  I expect that `prev-buffer'
will always restore the buffer from the end of the buffer list in the
same frame.  The frame parameter `buffer-list' keeps only a list of
few visited buffers placed on the top of the whole buffer list, and thus
`prev-buffer' can't use it.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/