RE: Setting key bindings in view-mode-hook

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Setting key bindings in view-mode-hook
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:50:04 -0800

FYI - I just filed a bug for this.  Users should not have to customize Emacs
just to get a view-mode window to go away. This is a very annoying new
"feature".

`q' should not just do nothing; it should delete the frame if it is
one-window-p and it is not the sole frame. Or, at least, it should delete
the window (my delete-window will then delete a one-window frame). That is,
behavior like this should be the default behavior - quitting view mode
should get rid of the window, by default.